The Serengeti Preservation Foundation
The Serengeti Preservation Foundation is a locally registered NGO in Tanzania, providing avenues for conservation education and advocacy. We were founded in 2013 in response to rapidly growing threats to protected areas in Tanzania.
The empowerment and involvement of local people in conservation for sustainable development is a vital tool to for conservation We are doing this through educational programs, radio broadcasting, journalism training, and public advocacy.
To build local capacity to monitor and impact conservation in Tanzania. To build a strong coalition of support, advocacy, and funding for the Serengeti ecosystem, the people living around it, and adjacent reserves and protected areas. To provide the funding of development programs that help build a model of sustainable tourism and benefits to local people.
- Monitor the changing status of conservation in Tanzania
- Disseminate information to important stakeholders
- Lead online communications efforts through social media
- Identify urgent actions and outreach that is needed
- Monitor governmental actions that impact conservation
- Develop local networks and partnerships for conservation action
- Coordinate and monitor local conservation projects
- Educate stakeholders (business, civic, community, schools, NGO's.)
- Coordinate and disseminate funds for local projects